- Inter House Sports Meet - 2018
Inter House Sports Meet of the residential children of child development Centres was organized by the All Ceylon Buddhist Congress lead by President Jagath Sumathipala held on 17th February 2018 at the Campbell Park, Colombo under the distinguished patronage of The President of the German Rosen Kinder, Mr. Dieter Kaske and Hon. Minister of Foreign Employment, Ms. Thalatha Athukorala.
- Rajgama Wijeratne Senior Citizens Home
Rajgama Wijeratne Women's Senior Citizens home was renovated by the All Ceylon Buddhist Congress and was ceremonially opened on 21st January 2018 by Jagath Sumathipala.
Deputy Chairman of the All Ceylon Buddhist Congress Mr. Chandra Nimal Wakista, the President of the National Council for Social Services Mr. Wasantha de Silva, the Board of Management of the Senior Citizens hostel were present.
- A New Dining Room for the Senior Men's Citizens Home in Indolamulla, Dompe
The new dining room for the Senior Men's Citizens Home in Indolamulla, Dompe was declared open by Jagath Sumathipala on 10th March 2018. Ven. Anuragoda Dammarama Thero, President of the All Ceylon Buddhist Congress National Social Service Council Mr. Wasantha de Silva, Mrs. Samantha Sumathipala, Mr. Ishan Edirisuriya, Mr. Sumithrarathna, Chairman of the Management Committee of the Citizens Home, Mr. Suriyapperuma, Secretary, Mr. Janaka Wickramarachchi, Treasurer and the Governing Board were also present at this event.
- Tharu Muthu Daru
The annual concert named ‘Tharu Muthu Daru’ staged by the ACBC was another innovative endeavour of Jagath Sumathipala. He saw the potential of young children attached to the Child Development Centers that are owned and managed by the ACBC, and with a view to developing their soft skills he initiated and supervised the organizing of the 'Tharu Muthu Daru'. Puthula Sumathipala, daughter of Jagath Sumathipala, was actively involved in organizing and training the children.
- Annual Sport Meet
The annual Sports Meet where the children are able to demonstrate their athletic talent was successfully continued during the Presidency of Jagath Sumathipala. Samantha Sumathipala wife of Jagath Sumathipala too was actively involved with the organizing of this annual event.
- Sacred Kapilawasthu relics were received by the Mahanayake theros & the then President at the Bandaranaike International Airport
- Participating in a Buddhist cultural event at Ananda College, Colombo
- Donation of 300 houses to Taiwan Samadhigama in Ambalantota
Due to the initiative of Venerable Bodagama Chandima Thero, President, Dharma Chakkra Foundation and Jagath Sumathipala, Managing Director, Dharma Chakkra Foundation, the Thaiwan Samadhigama with 300 houses with all necessary facilities were constructed and donated to the families of those who were badly affected by the Tsunami.
- Donation on 10th Anniversary of Tsunami
Jagath Sumathipala took part in an event at the Taiwan Samadhi Village in Ambalanthota to invoke blessings of the noble triple gem on those who have died due to the tsunami. Furthermore, school equipment for children and dry rations for villagers were donated.
- At the laying of the foundation stone ceremony held at the Seepoth Bodhirajarama Temple, Yatiyanthota
- Laying of the foundation stone and being a part for the construction of the new Building of the Bandaranaike Memorial Senior Citizenship Home, Dompe
- Donation of a House to a National Hero
In commemoration of 25th death anniversary of the late Mr. U.W Sumathipala, a completely new house was constructed and donated to police constable, Monarawila in March 2005 in Neluwa, Galle. Police constable Monarawila, had shown exceptional bravery and courage in saving the lives of a number of people who were victims of a bomb explosion in Pettah, Colombo.
- Opening of the re-constructed Child Development Centre, Kiri Mudiyanse at Polgahawela
- Attending a wedding ceremony of a girl who was adopted and raised at the Biyagama Viharamaha Devi Child Development Centre
- Participating at a ceremony held at the “Sevana”, special Child Care Development Centre at Athul Kotte
- Receiving a set of furniture donated by Venerable Diviyagaha Yasassi Thero to the Gangodawila Child Development Centre
- Accepting the donation of Nugegoda Maddumage Watta Niwasaya to the All Ceylon Buddhist Congress